Plan Your Visit
The Museum is currently closed.
Plan Your Visit
There are many fun activities to participate in while you are at the museum!
- FREE Prescheduled guided tours of the Museum will be provided for groups of up to 6 people (from the same household). To register call 989-964-7125.
- For groups larger than 6 people, including field trips and specialty groups, please call our Curator of Education to discuss virtual and in-person options at 989-964-7096.
- Self-guided tour is available with our Museum App! The App allows visitors to tour the galleries and sculpture garden on their smartphones with text and audio guide. The free app is available on both iOS and Android via the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. It can be downloaded in advance of a visit or in the gallery on the museum’s free Wi-Fi. Museum visitors without a mobile device may check-out a tablet at the museum’s front desk (valid photo identification required) to explore the app. More information can be found here.
- Grab your lunch and relax in The Jo Anne and Donald Petersen Sculpture Garden! It’s a great place to take a break or catch up with a friend.
- Sculpture Selfie! Take a picture of yourself in front of one of Marshall’s sculptures or recreate one yourself and share it on social media with the hashtag, #mfsmuseum and #americaspublicsculptor. We can’t wait to see your sculptures!
- Learn more about the Sculptor’s Studio with our interactive, touch screen guide that includes text, photos, and video.
- Treat your self or a loved one to a one-of-a-kind gift from our Museum Store. You can also purchase items online!
Click here for a full listing of Museum programs, events and exhibitions.
REOPENING GUIDE: Museum is currently closed. We will resume our regular open hours Monday – Friday, 11 am – 5 pm and Saturday, 12 – 5 pm.
Mondays and Tuesdays from 9:30 – 11:00 AM are reserved for our guests who fall into the increased risk category.
We will be implementing the following guidelines, required to be followed of all visitors and staff, to ensure a healthy and safe environment.You can find our complete Museum Reopening Guide on our website here. Please read this important information before visiting the museum. Together we can help to minimize any risk to both staff and visitors to the Museum and ensure everyone has a memorable experience.
FREE ADMISSION: The Marshall M. Fredericks Sculpture Museum is FREE and open to the public. Donations are always appreciated.
The Museum offers self-guided experiences during all open hours. Guided tours are available FREE of charge with advanced reservations. To schedule a guided tour please click here.
MUSEUM HOURS: Monday – Friday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays 12 to 5 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays from 9:30 – 11:00 AM are reserved for our guests who fall into the increased risk category.
Note: The museum will be closed in observance of the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
PARKING: Parking for the Marshall M. Fredericks Sculpture Museum is FREE and several marked spaces are available near the Museum entrance and along Fine Arts Drive. If all of those spots are full, parking is available in lots J and D on campus.
DIRECTIONS: The Marshall M. Fredericks Sculpture Museum is located on the campus of Saginaw Valley State University at the Arbury Fine Arts Center.
Take I-75 to exit 160 (M-84/Saginaw Road). Turn south onto M-84 (Bay Road) and travel south 3.5 miles to Saginaw Valley State University on your left. Turn left onto College Drive and you will be on campus. Go to the second stop sign and turn right (Fine Arts Drive). The museum is on the left at the end of the circle drive.
GPS: Marshall Fredericks Sculpture Museum, Saginaw Valley State University
Marshall M. Fredericks Sculpture Museum
7400 Bay Road
Univeristy Center, MI 48710
PHONE: Please call the Museum during open hours for more information at 989-964-7125.
EMAIL: For more information please email MFSM@svsu.edu
Things to do in the Great Lakes Bay Region
Bay County Historical Society
Children’s Zoo at Celebration Square
Chippewa Nature Center
Delta College Planetarium
Alden B. Dow Home and Studio
Midland Center for the Arts
Mid-Michigan Children’s Museum
Saginaw Art Museum
University Art Gallery
HotelsCombined Search local hotel availability
Great Lakes Bay Region Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Museum meets federal requirements under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Audio tour and text is provided on our Museum App for the Main Exhibition Gallery, Sculpture Garden, and Sculptor’s Studio. All object labels in the Main Exhibition Gallery are available in audio format through the Museum App.
- Museum visitors without a mobile device may check-out a tablet at the museum’s front desk (valid photo identification required) to explore the Museum App.
- Galleries, Sculpture Garden, Classroom, Offices, and Restrooms are wheelchair and amigo accessible.
- 1 Wheelchair is available for use. Please see Visitor Experience Assistant for help.
- Amigos are available for visitors temporary or occasional use. More information can be found at the SVSU Conference and Events page.
- Labels in all galleries are at a height and font size that are easily readable by visitors in wheelchairs or with visual impairments.
- Education information for in-person and online visitors is in available in multiple formats–audio, visual, print-text based, and interactive.