The mission of the Marshall M. Fredericks Sculpture Museum is to celebrate the artistic legacy of Marshall M. Fredericks through collecting, preserving, presenting, and interpreting his life’s work for the educational and cultural enrichment of Saginaw Valley State University and the broadest possible audience. Through the Marshall Fredericks objects collection and archives, temporary exhibitions, publications, and education programs, the Museum contributes to scholarly discourse and serves diverse audiences.
To accomplish this mission, the Museum pursues the following strategic objectives:
- Promote awareness, appreciation, preservation, and understanding of the life and works of Marshall M. Fredericks.
- Embed an educational component in everything we do.
- Maintain the collection and present exhibitions of Marshall Fredericks and other artists in accordance with the highest museum standards.
- Foster the mission of the museum and Saginaw Valley State University through education, research, exhibitions, publications, and outreach efforts.
- Increase community awareness of and attendance at the Museum.
- Operate in a fiscally responsible and sustainable manner.
- Maintain accreditation by the American Alliance of Museums.